- We spent New Year's in Henderson with Chris & Carly and their family.
- We took a trip to Atlanta. Charlie was there on business, while Isaac visited the Georgia Aquarium, went shopping, and enjoyed room service.
- Isaac split his head open on the coffee table and we made a trip to Urgent Care.
- Isaac started a program at ICEC (Intervention Center for Early Childhood).
- Isaac & I took advantage of the warm weather & our season pass and spent some time at Disneyland.
- Isaac had a major stomach flu and couldn't keep any food down for over a week. Charlie and I ended up with it too, but we recovered in a few days.
- Janelle (Charlie's mom) and Cassi (our sister-in-law) came to visit for a long weekend.
- We all went to Miami for the South Beach Wine & Food Festival. Charlie was working and hanging out with the Food Network stars while Isaac & I were enjoying the beach and the pool.
- My parents moved back to Utah. Charlie broke his foot while helping with the move.
- Charlie & I hired a baby sitter (the only time we've ever done this!) and went to a 80's party for my friend Erin's 30th birthday.
- We dog sat and spent a lot of time in the yard.
- This is always Charlie's busiest month for work. I'm not sure what Isaac and I were doing...
- I turned 29 and Charlie took me to lunch at the Nordstrom Cafe (one of my favorite places to eat, mostly because of their Boston Cream Cake).
- We celebrated Easter Sunday at my aunt & uncle's house. Isaac got a fun basket from the Easter Bunny.
- Isaac said his first word: "go."
- We went to Hawaii! This was our third time to Kauai, where we stayed for most of the trip. We also made a day trip to Oahu to explore the island a bit and see some of the sites there. Unfortunately, we had to cut our trip a little short and come home early because...
- Cracker broke his back. He lost the use of his back legs and was in a lot of pain. We decided to go ahead and get surgery for him to save his life. We love our dog! Our friends Sam & Sherri took care of Cracker while we were gone and took him in for surgery.
- We celebrated Cracker's 6th birthday. He had to be on "crate rest" for several weeks after his surgery. Then we had to do physical therapy with him to help him be able to walk again.
- Isaac was moved from the Infant program at ICEC to the Behavior program. This group is for children with behaviors & signs of autism.
- Isaac and I made a few more trips to Disneyland.
- We hung out with my sister & her family in Chino Hills.
- I don't have many pictures! I guess we just enjoyed the summer and played in the water.
Isaac & his cousins Katie and Ryan
- We ran the Woodbridge 10k for the 4th of July.
- We took a trip to Utah for a Wood Family Reunion. We also got to visit my parents, my sisters, and my grandparents while we were there.
- We started Isaac on a gluten free casien free (GFCF) diet.
- We went to San Francisco for a week. Charlie had to be there for work. Isaac & I went to the Aquarium, the zoo, the beach, and the pool.
- We celebrated Charlie's 32nd birthday while we were in San Francisco. We went to dinner downtown with some friends.
- We also celebrated Isaac's 2nd birthday. We had a fun day at home opening presents and eating cake.
Charlie's 32nd Birthday Dinner
Isaac playing with his new birthday toys
- Isaac & I got to go back to Disneyland after being blocked out for the summer months. (We really don't spend that much time at Disneyland, but I am going off pictures here & I guess I always brought my camera to Disneyland!)
- We celebrated Labor Day by relaxing at the pool. I think we actually spent a lot of Saturdays at the pool over the summer too.
- Isaac was diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). We had suspected this for quite awhile, so although it was not a shock to us, it was still very sad. I could write a lot more about Isaac & autism and all of his therapy and biomedical treatment, but I think most people who read this blog already know what we are dealing with. (If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.)
Isaac & Daniel get their first glimpse of Lightning McQueen in the Pixar Parade!
- Chris (Charlie's twin brother) & Carly and their family came to visit. We had fun going to the beach, the pool, and Disneyland. Cracker made friends with their dog Oliver.
- Charlie showed Isaac how to play games on the computer. He already learned how to use my iPhone several months earlier. Now I can't use either in his presence without him begging for a turn!
- We went on a field trip with ICEC to the Irvine Regional Park pumpkin patch.
- Isaac & Cracker dressed up as sharks for Halloween.
- Charlie & I celebrated our 4 year wedding anniversary.
- Charlie's parents & his brother Kelly and wife Cassi came to visit. We hosted Thanksgiving at our house, had a bonfire at the beach, ate a lot, and went on a fishing trip.
- Isaac said his second word: "uh-oh."
Isaac's ICEC School Picture
- After 5 months and not seeing any major improvements, we took Isaac off of the GFCF diet. Now that he can eat cheese again, he has a third word: "eeeese!"
- We had a nice quiet Christmas at home. Isaac loved having all the decorations up and seeing Christmas lights everywhere. He loves his new car garage and his tricycle.
- On New Year's Eve we drove to San Diego & spent the day at Sea World. Isaac had fun seeing dolphins, penguins, whales, sharks, and a polar bear. His favorite thing was the gondola ride across Mission Bay.
Isaac looking at the dolphins at Sea World
Isaac watching penguins
And I think that about wraps it up. I'm sure there are plenty of things I missed. Overall, 2009 was a good year but we certainly had our ups and downs. We are looking forward to a wonderful 2010. Happy New Year everyone!