Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Day Three

On Tuesday we drove to the northern part of the island for the day. Our first stop was a place called Queen's Bath. It's a small pool right off the ocean that is protected by a barrier of rock so it is very calm and clear. It was a little bit of a hike to get down to this spot but it was well worth it.



We had a good time swimming there until a couple of big waves took us by surprise and came over the rocks into the pool. I was standing up on the rocks at the time, and slipped and banged up my foot. I was positive that I had broken my toe and limped around the rest of the day in extreme pain. But I am lucky because today it only looks bad but it feels much better!


Our next stop was Tunnels Beach which is my favorite snorkeling spot. We spent the afternoon there and had lunch. On our drive back we stopped in Hanalei and got some brownies and lychee fruit.

That night we went to Old Koloa Town for dinner at Pizzetta. Afterwards we browsed in a few of the shops and then headed home. We have been going to bed pretty early every night because we are all so tired. Then we are up bright and early in the morning for another day of fun.

No comments: