Sunday, May 19, 2013

Thanksgiving

This makes two years in a row that we have been home and not traveling for Thanksgiving.  So Charlie & I decided to cook up a storm and invite some of my family over to celebrate the holiday with us.  My two sisters Wendy & Sandy, and Sandy’s family came over. 


Charlie did the turkey and I’m glad he did because it still seems just a bit intimidating to me.  I’m so thankful to have a husband that likes to cook!


I didn’t get a lot of pictures because I guess I was too busy eating or something.  Here’s the spread before we got started.


Sandy & Wendy were serving up rolls at the kids table.


 The brother-in-laws, Charlie & Chris.


Luke & I sharing some pie.  Luke shares my love of sweets and we both ate way too much pie that night (and the rest of the week). 


The next day we went to Huntington Beach to meet up with my friend & old college roommate Erin.  She & her family were in town visiting family for the holiday.  We hung out at the beach for awhile but it was a little too cold, so everyone came back to the Woodbridge pool instead.  I don’t get to see Erin often but we talked and talked just like we were back in the Glenwood.  It was so fun to see her and her cute family.  I hope they come back soon!   


For some reason I thought we could take our boys to the beach and have them stay on the sand so I did not put them in swim trunks.  Luke ran straight for the water anyway(he is a total Wood in that way) and ended up soaking wet and freezing cold.  

No comments: