Monday, August 27, 2012

Haircuts

When Isaac was about 2 years old Charlie convinced me to buy a haircutting kit so that I could give Isaac haircuts at home.  I think I tried it twice and both times were kind of a disaster.  He would not hold still and I was not confident enough in what I was doing to give him a quick or decent looking haircut.  Now that I think of it, I still have that kit... but in my book, it is SO worth the money we pay at Supercuts to have someone else do it for me.  Especially with two boys.  Now I can focus on keeping them still while a stylist can worry about giving a decent haircut!

Isaac and Luke were both looking pretty shaggy so I took them in together.  Here's the before:



Isaac is pretty good about haircuts now.  I just hand him his iPod touch and promise him a sucker afterwards if he is good.  Luke was a little more of a challenge.  I set up the DVD player with Baby Einstein, held him still in my lap and gave him the sucker during the haircut.  He actually did pretty well.


And here is the after!  I think they both look very handsome and Luke suddenly looks much older.


No comments: